Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger Free Download for Sony Xperia X10, Motorola Droid X, Google Nexus One
July started really great with Yahoo Inc. finally joining the fast-rising Android OS market. The internet company just released version 1.00 of its very popular Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger app for Android phones. I even tried it on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 android phone (OS version is 1.6) but there seems to be a problem with it at the moment. Hopefully, Yahoo will also release a minor update that will support Android devices still lingering in Android 1.5 and Android 1.6 operating systems. However, This is again a strong indication that Android, despite being Google’s pet project, is even being supported by competitors like Yahoo. You can get these two free apps from the Android Market. Unfortunately, only those running Android OS 2.1 or Froyo (Android OS 2.2) will enjoy this first version release. Some models that will be able to run these free apps are: Motorola Droid X (Droid 2) and of course, Google Nexus One. Froyo Update for Google Nexus One phone can be found via the link given so in case you haven’t updated your superphone yet, this is the most opportune time to do that.
Using the latest technology, Yahoo Mail and Yahoo News are now built on the latest HTML5 experience to give users a faster and much more refined mobile browsing experience.
The new Free Yahoo Mail Android app include these lovely features:
- Receive push notification of new email messages
- Send emails to contacts from the Yahoo! Address Book as well as to contacts in the native phone address book
- Search email messages by sender, recipient, subject and keywords
- Upload photos as attachments directly from the phone’s camera or the photo gallery
- View and download attachments
- Insert emoticons and rich text formatting into emails
- Effectively manage and organize their Yahoo! Mail messages, folders, and spam
- Easily toggle between the Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps
- In addition to providing a robust consumer experience, the Yahoo! Mail app for Android offers advertisers an opportunity to reach a highly engaged mobile audience. Samsung is the inaugural advertiser with a rich media display advertising unit.
Meanwhile, the Free Yahoo Messenger app for Android will let you enjoy these functions:
- Easily message friends, check friends’ status updates and availability and update their personal status and availability
- Send instant messages to friends via SMS text message1
- Multitask and stay connected with the app working in the background; with push notifications, consumers can easily catch new messages and friend requests
- Get full use of emoticons and rich text formatting
- Send photos to friends directly from the phone’s camera or the photo gallery
And if you live in the U.S.A., you may also install the all-new Yahoo Search Widget for Android devices. It provides consumers with ease 1-click access to Yahoo Search. This new search engine app includes voice search capabilities for faster search query inputs. It also features a Search Assist Wizard that gives suggestions and recommendations. And lastly, it has auto-locate technology so you can get locally-pertinent search results.