After the release of Tomtom for iPhone 3G/3GS (with Maps), here comes the free download of TomTom Navigation Software update for the iPhone iOS 4 platform. Those of you who owns the TomTom app and have upgraded to the latest operating system iPhone iOS 4, please be informed that your application will no longer work if you do not download this latest version update! TomTom International BV released this upgrade to make their navigation app compatible with the multi-tasking feature of iOS 4. Unfortunately, the said 1.4 update will not save your existing customized settings like favorite addresses, latest destinations, and other preferences. But the company issued a statement that they will soon release version 1.4.1 in the near future which will restore all your old custom settings. You can download the free update of Tomtom Navigation App from the iTunes Market.
If, however, you are a first-time buyer, the TomTom Navigation app v1.4 will cost you $49.99 including the entire US map download. If you want to include Canadian map in addition to the US, the package will cost you $59.99. Why should you buy TomTom when there are a number of free GPS navigation apps already? Well, TomTom offers a lot more features for the money. Its comprehensive coverage assures you that you will get to your destination in the shortest time possible. The U.S. map version of TomTom comes in at a whooping 1.2 GB size! The latest TomTom iPhone App version 1.4 also adds the following premium features that you will never find in a free app:
- Navigate while you are in a call – TomTom will still continue to provide you visual instructions while you are yapping on your iPhone.
- Spoken Background Navigation – Thanks to the new iOS 4, it is now possible to have TomTom provide you with continuous vocal instructions on the background while you are running other apps like your browser or chat software.
- Share your destination route – This one is very cool, you can email your trip’s route to your fiends or relatives. It’s brilliant especially if you are meeting up with people from different point of origins and you are all planning a get together.
- Environmental Eco Route – TomTom prides itself for being green, their app will calculate the best way to reach your destination with the least amount of fuel spent. You save gas money and you do a little less harm to Mother Nature.
- Departure Reminder – Nothing fancy but it helps keep your busy head remember that you need to visit your mom or other important visits.
In addition to all these first-class features, TomTom can also provide you with an accurate and real-time traffic report for only $19.99 a year. This is very important for busy people who live in highly-congested areas like Los Angeles or New York. You can get this traffic subscription via in-app purchase.