Free eBay Android App Availability in the US, UK, Canada and Australia | Free Android App for Shoppers
eBay announced that their latest free mobile app for Android OS-powered devices is no longer limited to US customers only. Starting July 10, people from Canada, United Kingdom and Australia are now free to download and use the free eBay Android app from the Android Market. A spokesman for eBay said this is just the beginning, the company plans to eventually make their free Android app available to all countries that support PayPal. This move seeks to consolidate eBay’s dominance in e-commerce.
The latest version of the free eBay Android app has other improvements from the version released last February, taking some cues from the Free Amazon App for Android-Powered Mobile Phones,launched almost a year earlier. Aside from removing country-restriction, this free shopping app for Android now has enhanced voice search function and direct PayPal purchasing. The interface has also been revamped to allow quick access to eBay listings, watched items, bids and sales. It is now possible to share your eBay activities with friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter. Messaging between eBay buyers and sellers can also be done inside the application without the need to fire up an internet browser.
“The popularity of eBay’s mobile shopping applications is quickly spreading across multiple geographies,” explained by Steve Yankovich, Vice President of Mobile Operations at eBay Inc.
“More than half of eBay’s mobile gross merchandise volume comes from outside of the United States. As we seek to reduce friction in commerce, we are taking advantage of the unique features of each mobile platform. In the case of our Android app, we’re leveraging the Android’s voice search capabilities to make searching easier and faster.”
If eBay delivers on this promise of global access for their Android App, expect it to again dominate mobile e-commerce like it now enjoys on the regular internet. Despite stiff competition, eBay.com is still by far the biggest website for auctions and direct shopping. Its mother company, eBay Inc., earned $2.39 billion in net income last year.
Key Features of the free eBay App for Android Mobile Phones are:
- Buyer alerts – Stay up to date on the status of auctions and watched items with timely alerts
- Daily Deals – View limited time bargains on popular items, where items are often more than 50% off the original price and include free shipping
- Feedback – Leave Feedback for items bought and sold within the application
- My eBay – Improved experience that includes an easier to use interface so sellers can quickly access listings, watched items, bids and sales
- Member Messages – Buyers and sellers can now receive and reply to messages and emails sent through My eBay. Ask a seller a question or reply to an inquiry or keep track of notifications directly through the app
- Sharing – Enabled with sharing functions so that buyers and seller can share items via Facebook, Twitter or email with friends and family
- Payments – PayPal account users can purchase items directly through the application
- View Sellers Other Items – View what other items a particular seller has to offer across eBay
- Voice search – In addition to type search, the eBay application comes enabled with speech-to-text voice search