Would you rather buy a Ricoh Aficio SP C220N Color Laser Printer (which we have featured here not so long ago or the Ecopro C170N 17PPM color laser printer by Kyocera? Maybe you should look into the specs and features of Ricoh Aficio SP C220N and Kyocera Ecopro C170N before making a decision.
With the features and specs of Kyocera Ecopro C170N, it’s hard not to love this 17ppm color laser printer. It’s fast and produces great color printouts. The Kyocera Ecopro C170N 17ppm Color Laser Printer is truly great product with a low price ($170-190 only). Prices on Amazon and Ebay are identical – $169.97 plus cost of handling + shipping.
Let’s get to know more about Kyocera Ecopro C170N
Quick 17 PPM Color and B&W Desktop Printer designed for small to mid-sized workgroups and businesses looking for a printer to satisfy both black and white and color imaging requirements. The EP C170N Printer comes standard with a 600 Sheet Paper Capacity and 10/100BaseTX Network Interface. Product enhancements include (up to one) additional 500 Sheet Paper Drawer, duplex, and optional memory upgrades. EcoPro by Kyocera.
Kyocera’s Organic Photoconductor (OPC) Drums and Maintenance Kits for the EP C170N is rated for 100,000 impressions, limiting user intervention at the printer. With Kyocera’s ECOSYS Printer Technology, users only need to replace the color toner containers (CMYK). Cyan , Magenta, and Yellow Toners for the EP C170N have a yield of 4,000 pages (5%), and the Black Toner has a rated yield of 6,000 pages (5%).
Kyocera Ecopro C170N 17ppm Color Laser Printer Specifications
- Technology/Functions : PRINT
- Speed : 17/17 PPM Letter; 14/14 PPM Legal
- Monthly Duty Cycle : 50,000 Pages Per Month
- Resolution : 600 x 600 dpi (Multi-bit)
- Standard Paper Supply : 500 Sheet Paper Drawer, 100 Sheet Multi-Purpose Tray
- Maximum Paper Size : 8.5″ x 14″
- Maximum Paper Weight : 28 lb. Bond via Paper Drawers, 110 lb. Index via MPT
- Duplexing/Finishing : Optional Duplex Unit
- Network Connectivity : Standard 10/100BaseTX; High Speed USB 2.0
- PDL : PRESCRIBE, PCL 6 (XL, 5c), KPDL3 (PS3)
- Controller : PowerPC750CXr/ 400MHz
- Maximum Paper Capacity : 1,100 Sheets
- Kyocera Ecopro C170N Toner Yield : 4,000 Pages [CMY] 6,000 Pages [K] (5%)
Kyocera Ecopro C170N 17ppm Color Laser Printer Review: Comparing the two printer models mentioned above, we are more inclined to purchase a Kyocera Ecopro C170N. Here are the good things: It’s a faster laser printer (17ppm) with a higher toner yield and best of all, the unit price is cheaper. The only downside of the Kyocera Ecopro C170N is it’s a bit bulky. It might be a problem to those whose office or home space is limited.