The release of PS3 2.76 update in mid-may 2009 created a huge buzz among PS3 users. However, some users of Playstation 3 reported some problems with the new PS3 update (ver 2.76). The PS3 2.76 update comes with some warnings from the manufacturers of Playstation 3, which users must have read before doing any upgrade to their system to avoid problems and errors during and after the upgrade process.
Here is the list of notices from the PS3 website:
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or on this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3™ system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3™ system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- The system software included within this product is subject to a limited license from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- This update is for customers who own PS3 systems sold in North America. DO NOT update your PS3 system through this website if you purchased your system outside North America. There is no guarantee of proper operation with other models sold outside North America.
- If your PS3 system software version is 2.76 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information]. The information is shown in the [System Software] field.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- Depending on the software title or feature in use, you may not be able to play without first updating the system software.
- Depending on your PS3 system software version, the screen images and icons appearing on this website may differ from the actual product.
There. We hope here this will help PS3 owners who are itching to upgrade to PS3 2.76 firmware. Do not download the PS3 update 2.76 if you do not meet all the requirements set forth by the manufacturers.