An earlier post on this site gave Apple iPod 30GB Video MA002LL/A and MA146LL/A models’ sale price. A previous post already gave a short review of this Apple 30gb 5th Generation iPod. That article provided this iPod’s technical specs as well. Now, let us discover what features this 5th generation iPod by Apple can offer its users. To start with, it is already given that this Apple iPod has a 30GB capacity but how will it perform during use? As an additional info, the system requirements of Apple iPod 30GB Video were also given below.
Apple iPod 30GB Video MA002LL/A or MA146LL/A (5th Generation iPods) List of Features:
- 30GB of storage space for music, photos, movies, and typical computer files
- 2.5 inch (diagonal) QVGA transflective display with over 65,000-color liquid crystal display and white LED backlight
- 320×240 pixel resolution with support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Upgradable firmware enables support for future audio and video formats
- Supports AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV audio files
- H.264 video up to 768 Kbps, 320×240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 480×480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov video file formats
- Built in rechargeable lithium ion battery that provides up to 14 hours of music, 3 hours of viewing photos, or 2 hours of video when fully charged
Here are other important info you must know about this 30GB 5th Generation iPod by Apple. For Mac (Macbooks), Apple iPod 30GB Video’s system requirements are the Macintosh computer with USB port (USB 2.0 recommended) and Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later versions. For Windows, the Apple iPod 30GB Video requirements for the system are the Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later versions and PC with USB port or card (USB 2.0 recommended).