Following our article on HTC HD2 a few hours ago titled “Sprint Evo 4G and T-Mobile HTC HD2 Offers” we’re giving you the technical specs of HTC HD2 smartphone as well as Amazon’s limited time offer, i.e., Free activation of a T-Mobile phone unit. The release date of HTC HD2 is getting and we know how excited some of you are in anticipation of its official launch. We’re sure to be watching the sales figures of HTC HD2 so we can compare them with other phones such as Sprint HTC Evo 4G (the best Android mobile phone in the making) and Samsung Wave with Bada OS. Also, we did some comparison of sales figures in the past such as our article titled “iPhone and Motorola Droid Sales Statistics 8X More than Google Nexus One“. If you want to gain insights on these sales statistics, please feel free to head on to the link given.
Now for the Key Features and Full Technical Specs of T-Mobile HTC HD2 Phone:
Operating System – Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphone with extra-large 4.3-inch multitouch display; pre-loaded with entertainment apps and both Transformer movies
- Runs on T-Mobile’s fast 3G network; GPS navigation with trial version of TeleNav GPS Navigator for turn-by-turn directions
- Fast 1 GHz Snapdragon processor; Wi-Fi networking; 5-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion (with 16 GB card)
- Up to 6 hours of talk time, up to 480 hours (20 days) of standby time
- Customizable home screen with your apps and interests right on top.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile’s HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile’s 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Built-in GPS for location-based services and navigation with a trial version of TeleNav GPS Navigator, which provides real-time location on maps, turn-by-turn driving directions, and more (monthly subscription required after trial expires).
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera/camcorder with dual LED flash and digital zoom
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (16 GB card included).
- Windows Media Player for multi-format audio and video playback
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN).
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headset jack
What’s in the Box? Handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 16 GB microSD card, wired stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
HTC HD2 Dimensions and Weight
- Size (L x W x H): 4.3 inches, 2.3 inches, 0.7 inches
- Weight: ~6.02 ounces
From March 26-31, T-Mobile is offering no activation fees to its customers of HTC HD2 (a $35 value). The List Price of this item on Amazon is almost US$550 but can be had if you’ll opt-in for the T-Mobile plan (2 years), you’ll only shell out $100 from your pocket. The Free activation promo ends at 11:59 PM Hawaiian time on the 31st of March so hurry and order yours now! User review of HTC HD2 will be provided when its capabilities have been tested. So stay tuned for more mobile phones news and updates…