The Sony Xperia S Android Phone is actually the first Xperia Smartphone from Sony. Unlike the Verizon Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, it’s no longer by Sony Ericsson but simply by Sony.
Sony Xperia S Android Smartphone will be available in classic black and white version unlike the Nokia Lumia 900 Smartphone that comes in neon color models. At the base of the display, it’s buttons are like floating with with unique transparent illuminating element below it.
Xperia S also features a 4.3-inch Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine plus a 1280x720p HD resolution which is similar to the LG Spectrum 4G LTE Android Phone. Here are more details about the Sony’s Xperia S.
Sony Xperia S Smartphone Basic Specs and Highlighted Features:
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download
- 12MP back camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile with Fastest Capture to take shots in just 1.5 seconds from standby and less than a second in between shots
- Front (1080p) and back (720p) cameras for HD recording
- NFC enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services
- DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA Sync
- PlayStation Certified like the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY PlayStation Phone
- Access to the PlayStation Store
As an additional feature, the Sony Xperia S comes with Sony Smart Watch, a remote control for the phone. This is different from the i’mWatch: World’s First Android-powered Smartwatch.
The Sony Xperia S Phone will be launched with Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread but will be upgraded to Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Sony Xperia S release date is projected in the end of first quarter 2012 and will be available globally in select markets. Prices are yet to be announced.