A reader asked “How Do I Setup Internet Connection on Blackberry Smartphones powered by Smart Addict Mobile?” Whatever is your network, you can configure your Blackberry smartphones like Blackberry Curve 8900 and BlackBerry Curve 8320 to connect to the internet by doing the following:
- Run BES-required Internet software without BES
- Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN (Verichat, WebMessenger, BerryVine, IM+, etc.)
- Full HTML web browsing ability (Reqwireless, BlackBerry Browser, etc.)
- IRC chatting (virca, wlirc, etc.)
- Telnet/SSH (Idokorro, etc.)
Other method to setup internet on your Blackberry phones:
- Upgrade your BlackBerryOS
- You need BlackBerry with OS 3.8 or later. If you have an older version of BlackBerryOS, please Download BlackBerryOS 4.0 and install it on your BlackBerry first.
- Configure your BlackBerry & Your Carrier
- On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Options -> TCP
- There is a new option in BlackBerryOS 3.8 and later. Then fill in APN with the provided APN listead in the below post, that is appropriate for your carrier. If no username or password is provided, leave these blank. If only a username is provided, then leave in the password. Also, ignore the Gateway IP address, unless your Blackberry specifically has a textbox to enter the IP address in. “APN” means “Access Point Name”. Once you have saved the APN information, you should reboot your BlackBerry by removing and reinserting the battery.
Run your BlackBerry Internet Software. Once you have filled this information, your Internet applications should work on your BlackBerry. TCP/IP makes Internet software work, including chat software: Verichat, WebMessenger, IRC, Telnet/SSH, Web browsing, etc.
I have found the above tutorial on a Blackberry forum and I decided to post it here for the benefit of BlackBerry users especially in the Philippines. If you are in another country, check with your network the internet configuration settings for your Blackberry phone. You can enable internet access using your Blacberry phones if you know ahead of time the needed values in order to gain access to the internet.
If Your Blackberry phone is powered by Smart Telecoms, please read this: How to Setup WAP by Enabling GPRS and MMS of Smart Cell Phones.
If your Blackberry phone is powered by Globe telecoms, head on to this link: How to Setup WAP by Activating GPRS and MMS of Globe Cell Phones.
Finally, if your Blackberry phone is powered by Sun Cellular, click on this link: How to Activate GPRS and MMS of Nokia Phones Powered by Sun Cellular.
You may post int he comments section any problems you might encounter in enabling internet access with your Blackberry phone.