T-Mobile recently launched its newest smartphone, the Blackberry Curve 8520. Like its predecessors (Blackberry Tour 9630, for example), Blackberry Curve 8520 is a feature-packed handset which seamlessly integrates social networking using your mobile phones via Myspace Mobile.
T-Mobile also announced these key features of Blackberry Curve 8520:
- Full-QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive optical trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation
- 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced performance
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets (like Lubix NC1 Stereo Bluetooth Headset), car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
- Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync music from iTunes 8.2.1 or Windows Media Player with the smartphone
- Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and much more
- BlackBerry Internet Service support for access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, AOL and Gmail; and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for corporate deployments
- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting cards of up to 16 GB today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available; a 1GB card is included
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for T-Mobile Unlimited Hotspot Calling service
- Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Blackberry Curve 8520 price will be $129.99 (when released) with a two-year contract with T-Mobile. The expected Blackberry Curve 8520 release date is August 5, 2009 and TMo announced that it will be available at Walmart, T-Mobile retails stores (and on their online store) and select retailers. Watch out for the release date of Blackberry Curve 8520. We’ll update this article if and a pre-order will can be made before that schedule.