VideoLan, the group of volunteers that created the best multi-platform media player has announced that they have released version 1.1.5 for VLC. Starting November 14, users many now download VLC 1.1.5 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/vlc/files/1.1.5/win32/vlc-1.1.5-win32.exe/download
VLC in my book is definitely the greatest media player. It’s free, it is memory-efficient, it works across all computer platforms and it can play almost all music or video files ever known to man. Millions of Linux, Mac and Windows users all agree that VLC offers better features than paid softwares!
This new free update, VLC 1.1.5, comes with minor additions, bug fixes and security patches. One impressive enhancement is the inclusion of more than 1000 web show list provided b Channels.com. Another worthy upgrade is support for live .webm video streams.
VideoLAN developers said this version gets a special boost in performance. VLC 1.1.5 now supports direct GPU HD decoding for faster and smoother HD video playback. Video codec library has also been updated with more codec support.
Security has also been improved for VLC 1.1.5. They fixed the Windows SMB flaw which was a vulnerable spot because it allows third-party codes to run within the program.
Release Notes for VLC Media Player version 1.1.5:
- 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
- New Game Music Emu (GME) support
- Windows SMB security issue – VideoLAN-SA-1006
- Major updates in translations, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek
- Mac/PowerPC port fixed in 188.8.131.52
- live .webm streams support
- GPU HD decoding using Intel IGP on Windows, using DxVA2
- Miscellaneous fixes on all Interfaces, Demuxers and Decoders modules
- Codecs updates
We’re giving VLC Media Player 1.1.5 a very good review. It’s flexible, can play many video formats and most of all, it’s free! Download the free VLC Media Player 1.1.5 through the download link given in the first paragraph and give it a test drive.