Verizon made official announcement on its website that they will be releasing a new update for their first and only 4G LTE phone, the HTC Thunderbolt. This finally confirms the rumors that leaked last week about this new update. No, this update won’t make your HTC Thunderbolt shoot 3D stereoscopic movies! As per the PDF document issued by Verizon this firmware upgrade will come very soon as an Over-The-Air push update.
All of you Verizon HTC Thunderbolt owners should keep an eye on the notification bar so that you will be one of the first people to get this new Build 1.13.605.7 update. This new firmware upgrade will improve the connection speed of your Thunderbolt when you connect to Verizon’s 3G network. This one will also fix the annoying SMS and MMS message problem, get this update so that your MMS and SMS now get stored properly to where they belong in the Messaging Application folders.
Verizon says this HTC Thunderbolt software update also improved the timing for device activation/deactivation and they also enhanced the stability of data-centric programs like Facebook, KAYAK, My Verizon and Yahoo Mail. Also, finally, the “Backup Assistant” will now be correctly displayed on the Application menu.
This new software update for Verizon HTC Thunderbolt also repairs the Weather Widget. Now this app will show accurate location. There are also better and faster GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.
HTC Thunderbolt Firmware Update Features List:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator
- Watch out for Verizon’s software update 1.13.605.7 for HTC Thunderbolt
All these improvements should inspire you to immediately get this HTC Thunderbolt software update 1.13.605.7 once it becomes available.