Along with Olympus Compact Camera with Built-In Zuiko Lens, Ricoh unveiled their latest Ricoh G700SE waterproof and dustproof compact digital camera at Photokina 2010 in Germany. This is a much improved update to their best-selling Ricoh G700 rugged all-weather camera. The Ricoh G700SE digital camera still retains the retro-classic design of its predecessor but now gets an upgraded 12.1 megapixel sensor.
Aside from getting a higher resolution sensor, the Ricoh G700SE also now comes with 2 GPS modules, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and Wi-Fi b/g support! Talk about making this camera an all-purpose weapon for busy individuals. The new Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity means you can print, transfer, share online your pictures or movies effortlessly via wireless technology.
The Ricoh G700SE digital camera can also capture HD movies at 720p resolution using the MPEG4 format so you record yourself swimming under the ocean in clear high-definition video! The G700SE is rated waterproof and functional up to 5 meters deep! And since this camera is not only for amateurs, Ricoh tacked on a hotshoe so you can use external flash if you need to take pictures at night in the mountain or wherever your adventure takes you.
If you want to own this all-weather wireless-ready camera, be ready to line up for it on November 12, 2010. This is the Ricoh G700SE Digital Camera release date announced and this is the official start when retail stores (Amazon, eBay, most likely) will start selling the Ricoh G700SE rugged point-and-shoot digital camera for a wallet-busting $1,400 tag price. This is my personal opinion of the Ricoh G700SE Digital Camera – it’s expensive for amateur photographers and hobbyists! My Nikon D5000 DSLR with 12.3MP did not cost this much money.
For other DSLR cameras and portable digital cameras showcased at Photokina 2010 and elsewhere, check out these new topics in our archives. Compare these with one another (reviews, price, specs, your budget) so can choose better before making a purchase:
- Nikon D7000 Release Date: Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera Release Date and Price
- Nikon D7000 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera Road Test Video by Chase Jarvis
- Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera Release Date, Price and New Features
- Nikon Coolpix P7000 10MP Digital Camera Hands-on Review
- Fujifilm FinePix X100 Portable Digital Camera Revealed at Photokina 2010 in Germany
- Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera Release Date and Price
- Panasonic GH2 16MP Digital SLM Camera Release Date and Price
- Panasonic GH2: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Hybrid Touch-Control DSLM Camera