The Nikon CoolPix S800c Camera is a 16.0-Megapixel point-and-shoot camera like the Nikon Coolpix S6200 16MP SuperZoom Compact Digital Camera. However, the S800c differs because it’s the first Android smart device by Nikon that features the Android Gingerbread OS.
Since it’s an Android device, the CoolPix S800c can do functions that smartphones and tablet PCs do like uploading photos to the internet. It connects to the internet via Wi-Fi.
Nikon CoolPix S800c Digital Camera is not a Phamera (slang for phone camera) unlike the HTC Titan II 4G LTE Windows Phone with Huge 16MP Camera. It may have Android OS but has no 3G/4G so it doesn’t have mobile phone functions.
Nikon CoolPix S800c Smart Digital Camera Key Features:
- VR image stablilization
- Motion Detection
- ISO 3200
- Clear Color Display (high-resolution 819k-dot)
- 3.5-in (8.7 cm) Touch Panel OLED
- Smart Portrait System
- Scene Auto Selector
- Subject Tracking
- Full HD 1080p movie recording with stereo sound
- Built-in GPS
- Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Easy auto mode
- High power optical zoom
- “my Picturetown for Android” app is available
- Memory capacity: approx. 680 MB for application (actual capacity may vary depending on the pre-installed application for each region); approx. 1.7 GB for storage
The Nikon CoolPix S800c Android Smart Digital Camera was released in August 22, 2012. It can be purchased directly from Nikon or from retail stores like B&H and Amazon. It has a suggested retail price of $349.95 and comes with NikonView NX 2 CD-ROM, EN-EL12 Rechargeable Battery, EH-69P AC Adapter/Charger, UC-E6 USB Cable and AN-CP19 Strap.