There are several common causes of data loss in USB/flash drives and even hard drives. At times it’s frustrating when you lose your precious data like photos, documents, music, and other digital files. Digital storage media like USB/flash drives are much more sensitive than hard disks. They are easily affected by weather conditions, spikes or surges, etc.
To restore lost data in USB/flash drives can be excruciatingly painful because some “Undelete” or data recovery softwares just cannot do their jobs. To safeguard your data, it is a must that you learn the common causes of data loss. Here are they:
- USB/Flash Drive Virus attacks (for this one, please read “How to Remove USB/Flash Drive Viruses“)
- Accidentally deleted files
- Lost or forgotten passwords (on password-protected or “locked” areas of the drive)
- Power outages, brown-outs, spikes/surges, etc.
- Damaged caused by extreme heat/cold
- Fire, water, or other physical damage
If data loss occurs, look for free “Data Recovery Softwares” online. There are actually tons of freewares in this category. I will update everyone on this when I have evaluated some of these softwares (which I am presently testing). Stay updated by subscribing to my RSS Feed for free.